If you're in the Pittsburgh area this weekend, I hope you'll pop over to the Mother Earth News Fair to say hi! I'll be speaking twice on Saturday and once on Sunday. For my schedule and that of other Storey Publishing authors, click here! Can't wait, I hear such great things about the event.. I will be tweeting throughout the weekend, so feel free to follow my adventures on twitter - here! I plan on sharing photos and tidbits from the event.. I may even need to buy a second suitcase to bring home some awesome garden stuff!! That's the trouble with international travel, I need to limit myself.. sigh.. :)
Obviously, there will be NO weekend gardener radio show this weekend.. But, I'll be back on air next Sunday and then for our final show Thanksgiving weekend (Canadian).. so, I hope you'll tune back in for those last two shows of season 6! We'll take our winter break and be back in the spring of 2013..
On a completely unrelated note, check out my Hakeuri Japanese Turnips - they are AMAZING! Quick growing, cool weather tolerant (cold frame crop!) and super yummy.. I sowed about 50 seeds in mid-August and now we have about 50 lovely turnips - some are 2+ inches across, but not pithy at all.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(73)
-
▼
September
(13)
- New Proven Winners Blog Post!!
- The gourds are coming in..
- Walmart gift card winner!
- A Visual Tour of the 3rd annual Mother Earth News ...
- Off to the Mother Earth News Fair in Seven Springs...
- Box Tops and a $25 Walmart gift card giveaway!
- Make money shopping online
- My heirloom onions and my book in West Coast Seeds
- Tomorrow on The Weekend Gardener - Just 4 shows le...
- It's almost gourd season!
- Tomorrow - my talk at Mount Saint Vincent University
- My biggest tomato ever!!
- More book love - eight months on - and a harvest b...
-
▼
September
(13)
Popular Posts
-
Today on The Weekend Gardener: Butterflies! It seems as if we've had so many butterflies this summer - true or not? We'll talk to lo...
-
Garden sage.. so pretty when frosted It's finally happened, the first hard frost. We've had a few light frosts, but this morning, ev...
-
During the week, I am the queen of fitting in my runs and workouts. I squeeze in runs that end just minutes before I need to get my older so...
-
Transitions St Margarets Bay is hosting an all day workshop tomorrow at the Tantallon library from 10 am to 5 pm. If you want to learn mor...
-
So, I'm in Quebec City for the 2013 Garden Writers Symposium and I've been neglecting my social media responsibilities! I thought I...
-
A while back, I posted about an awesome run that happened to take place while I was wearing an awesome new running shoe. I promised that I...
-
I don't see any rain clouds.. do you?? Today was the 3rd annual Dahlia Day at the Halifax Public Gardens. The forecast was afternoon ra...
-
First off, I want to thank ALL of you for sticking with me and my lax blogging abilities this year.. It's been an all-out year of promot...
-
Long Live Summer! Wouldn't that be awesome? Endless summer. Ah . . . one can dream. Or move to San Diego. If, like me, you're not m...
-
On Friday, July 13th, you can get a FREE Starbucks Refreshers drink from noon to 3pm! These new drinks look pretty tasty -- I hope I can ge...

