Connecting at Canada Blooms 2013

I would be rather remiss if I didn't post about one of my favourite days at Canada Blooms - The Garden Writers Association annual meeting. Yes, there really is a garden writer association and I've been a member for well over a decade. It wasn't until August 2011, when I attended the annual 4 day symposium in Indianapolis (my first!), that I really felt connected to my peers. Since then, I've really enjoyed these annual get-togethers that allow us to share, learn and network with each other. Here are some images of my favourite Canadian garden writers from this past weekend! There were many more folks I wanted to get photos with - next year!! :)


The awesome Liz Primeau (in middle) and Tara Nolan with me. Tara
is the editor of www.canadiangardening.com and the
associate editor of Canadian home Workshop magazine. Plus, she's
a load of fun!! Liz is well known as one of Canada's most respected
and knowledgeable garden personalities and was the founding editor
of Canadian Gardening magazine. Her most recent book is
In Pursuit of Garlic. 

Ellen Novack and Dan Cooper, the authors of the 2012 book,
Gardening from a Hammock.  They've also been guests on
my radio show and are so incredibly enthusiastic about
gardening. The book is a must-read.

Liz and I!! She is a hoot!!

Helen Battersby (who with her sister Sarah), are the bloggers behind
the wonderful blog, Toronto Gardens. She joined me
for a panel discussion about garden writing and social media.

Tara, me, Liz and Beckie Fox, the editor of the excellent magazine,
Garden Making. She too was an editor of Canadian Gardening
magazine, so I'm the odd man out! Surrounded by Canadian
Gardening alumni!

Steven Biggs and me! Steven's most recent book
is Grow Figs: Where You Think You Can't and he,
along with Ken Brown, organized the GWA
meeting. 

Little me between Ellen and Dan! I need higher
heels!