Sunday in the Garden

A few of the seeds I'm planting today.
Ok, this is going to be a super short post, but one that I will expand on soon.. It is gorgeous outside - sunny and 15 C in my backyard and I'm digging, weeding, seeding and sighing. So nice to be finally in the garden. I would take post photos of my progress, but the sun is so bright, the colours are very washed out, so I'll wait and take some more later in the afternoon when it's not so glaring. I hope you're getting out in your own garden today as there is plenty that can be planted now - salad greens, turnips, beets, peas, carrots, kale, kohlrabi, onion sets, etc.. I keep my row covers handy for those night when the temp dips, but for now, the extended forecast is mild and sunny.. 

Back to the garden.. just came in for a quick water break, but wanted to share these photos.. :)


A 3 by 4 foot bed of Rocky Top Lettuce Mix
from www.rareseeds.com It's a new mix for me
and I can't wait to start picking salads!