Green Giant Veggie Snack Chips.

* * *
In a perfect world, my kids would snack on homemade kale chips, grain-free carrot muffins and a wide variety of fresh-from-the-garden fruits and veggies every day, all year long.

But, this being real life, that doesn't always happen. Yes, I make kale chips. And those grain-free carrot muffins. And even some rocking granola bars. I don't, however, make them every day. In fact, there are some weeks -- weeks! -- when our lives are completely void of any kale.

It doesn't mean I turn to junk options, though, when the weather turns cold and the farmers pack up their stands and we sigh at having to wait another 8 months for farm stand fresh veggies again. I try to provide healthier snacks options all the time, homemade kale chips or not.

Because, let's face it, I have two growing boys and they love to snack.

Seriously snack.

And when I was sent some of the new Green Giant Veggie Snack Chips to review, the boys were seriously psyched.

Check out my little snacker:


My older son enjoying an afternoon snack this summer.

He loves the  Green Giant™ Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips! Yum, yum!

I like them, too, for a few reasons. First, as I said, my boys like to snack and my goal is to give them healthier snacking options. Second, these chips are made with vegetables (and quinoa!), a bonus for snack chips. And, they have less than 1 gram of sugar per serving -- that is a win in my striving-to-avoid-sugar ways.

The biggest thing, though? No soy. Hooray! That is huge! Almost every bag of snack chips you pick up today contains soy. Soy is in so much and, to me, that's a problem. I won't go into all of the reasons why I try to avoid soy, but I do. And I really, really appreciate that the  Green Giant Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips don't contain soy!

Overall, these chips get a thumbs-up.





Have you tried these chips? What do you think of them?



I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.